Skip to main content

My Lesson In Overcoming Fear

Whew. First post down. This is really a big deal to me. I've wanted to blog for a very long time. Many things hindered me from doing it in the past. Much of it was being afraid of being myself transparently. Then it was lack of support of others. It's not the first time I've stepped into uncharted waters. Nor the first time fear has tried to stop me.

While I've succeeded in many things over my life, fear has been a huge factor for my not completing quite a few things in the past. Each step I took was met with fear of the next one. I'd conquer it and be afraid of the next step. Many times that next step would be a life altering opportunity. It would be that step where I would doubt myself and find myself seeking help from someone else who turned out to be the wrong someone else. Okay. So here is the pattern.


"Know and believe you can accomplish greatness."

Against all odds and the naysayers I would set out on my idea. Push and work my butt off to create those life changing moments. It would be that time that I would look for validation and support not realizing I made it that far trusting myself and God, of course. Instead of taking the plunge and going for it, what I did to get to that point, in desperation I'd go back to the very ones I had been shutting down all this time, thinking, no hoping they would see what I've done, congratulate me, and then support me. That never happened. 


Lesson is most of the time you have to encourage yourself. You have to know and believe you are capable of accomplishing greatness. When those moments of fear or uncertainty want to tempt you to quit, continue to trust yourself especially since that faith and trust has gotten you this far. And you can't get caught up in people. People are gonna see what they want and think what they want. If they cannot support you in the beginning they are not gonna celebrate you in the end. Although the table is spread before your enemies and they can't deny your success, it doesn't mean they will applaud it either. Your work is not about proving anything to anybody. You do it because you are passionate about the work itself and the people it reaches. Period.


I'm coming to like blogging this way. As nervous as I was in the beginning, I'm determined to overcome and keep going. Hope you'll continue to join me on the ride.



Blessings to you,

Wanda

Comments

  1. I'm joining the ride and yes it is not hard to overcome your fears but it's important to keep trying!

    Vanessa x

    https://wanderlustplusone.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa for reading and welcome aboard! You're right. It is important to keep trying and to never give up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Getting To Know You

I've always felt like writing introductions was corny. Like you're throwing yourself on people who may or may not care to meet you. I've had many other writers tell me that it's also a way for your readers to get to know you. My comeback is won't they get that the more they read my posts and engage in the blog? I mean I can give you a laundry list of my like and dislikes, where I've been, and what I've done. Would that truly tell you who I am? I guess in some way it might, but for me, I think the more you visit this blog, the more you will get to know me. And it's not just a one way street. I want to get to know you as well. So why don't we do this. I'll post. You read and comment and let me know what you think. But for all of you who still need to get that laundry list of facts and statuses, here goes. I'm a daughter, mother, and sister. I like traveling, eating good food, and having meaningful conversations. I've been writing since

Life Lessons From Blogging

In life we should always be evolving. We should never find ourselves in the same place doing the same thing for too long. For without growth, you are not living. To live is to experience, learn, and grow. I've only started my blogging journey and I've learned a few things so far. USE YOUR VOICE There are many people I come across that leave an impression on me for various reasons. When I think of someone who knows how to use their voice, Apryl Steadman Beverly, the million dollar word stylist, is at the forefront of my mind. If you are not familiar with Apryl, check her out on Facebook or her website at baab.biz  . What I love about Apryl is that she  uses her voice as an expression of who she is and what she does. Her very popular "Aprylisms" makes her unique and she's impacting the way others do business in the "internet streets". In this blogging world and in life, your voice can be an influence to the world around you. My vision for my own bl